Hello, beautiful reader,
I love a good sale. Sometimes even if I don't really NEED it or I did not go to the store to purchase this particular thing, I'd end up buying it. As long as I see -x-% off, -x- discount, buy 1 take -x-, -x- tag sale...
I wanted to share some of the things that I am careful with.
- Is the packaging in good condition? NO to dented canned goods.
- Is it sealed? Check for tampering.
- Check the expiration date. For consumables, is the date too near that you can't finish it when the day comes.
- Will I really be ABLE to use it regularly or will I probably use it only once and the price is not worth it?
- If the establishment has both a supermarket and department store, checking on the prices of the two may save you a few bucks. Often, the price of an item is cheaper when bought at their supermarket as compared when buying it at their department store.
- Don't be afraid to haggle to get extra freebie or discount.
- I choose comfort over aesthetics so I can use an item for the long run.
- For garments, I now don't mind buying a pricier one rather than a really cheap one. Because of the quality and because I feel like I am more respected and accommodated when wearing nice clothes. Also, most low end clothes are free size only (for slim girls) and thus cannot fit me.
- Save the receipts.
There was this other time when I opened a toiletry for the first time I saw that it was expired because the liquid separates. No expiration date was written only that it should be used -x- months after it was first opened. I guess it was tested or smelled by somebody before.
So there you have it, those are the things that came to mind with this topic. I'm sure you have some tips too :)
Thanks for dropping by.
If you have read this far, I hope you can consider supporting me by following my other networks on the right. The reader has always been my inspiration. Fairness is important and I always follow back in G+ Twitter Instagram and Bloglovin. For add back in FB NB and GFC, kindly comment your page or site so I know where to follow back. Thank you!